About the faculty
Today the information technology faculty carries out education on the following specialties of a bachelor degree and a magistracy: 5В060100- Mathematics ; 5В060200-Informatics; 5В070300- Information systems; 5В070400- Computer engineering and software; 6М060200-Informatics; 6М070400- Computer engineering and software.
2-3 educational programs in each undergraduate degree designed in accordance with the requirements of employers and learners. Each student creates his own educational pathway of learning. Currently, the faculty has about 500 students and a little less than 40 undergraduates.
In the structure of the Faculty there are 3 departments: Informatics, mathematics, information systems and software. The department has a strong material and technical base, including 15 modern computer classrooms connected to the local network of the university and the Internet, Wi-Fi. The department formed the modern laboratory: "The laboratory of computer systems architecture", "Laboratory of hardware interfaces and telecommunications," "Laboratory of Information Systems", which have a high-tech software for learning practical skills, carrying out scientific research.
The educational process is carried out by highly qualified teaching staff of more than 50 people, including doctors, PhDs, professors, associate professors, masters. We practice foreign scientists lectureship for students, for example, Carlos Machado (Belgium), Joost Krul (Holland).
The faculty is working on academic mobility of students and teachers:
External academic mobility of students and teachers:
- teaching undergraduates at the Carl Von Ossietzky University, Oldenburg, Germany duration of one academic period (Makhmutov M., D. Fateev);
- passage of scientific training at the Higher School of Economics, Moscow (Iskakova A., O. Bizhanova, Makhambetova G.);
- passage of scientific training at the Institute of Control Sciences, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, Russia. (Zhunuskanova J., A. Abdrakhmanova, Kameshova S., B. Tanykpaeva);
- passage of scientific training in Chelyabinsk State University (Baizakova S., Utelbaeva A., A. Keklis);
- passage of scientific training at the Bashkir State University, Ufa (Mukhamedkali A., E. Tokushu).
Internal academic mobility of students:
- tuition for a semester at the Karaganda Economic University Kazpotrebsoyuz 3rd year student of "Computer Engineering and Software" specialty (Kitaeva A.);
- joint training of small groups of Baitursynov KSU and M.Dulatov KINEU unversity.
The faculty creates the necessary conditions for the apprenticeship:
- the number of practice bases is expanded;
- it is in progress the joint work of the software department and «KAS Consulting" LLC, Department of Computer Science and Mathematics with "Kazakhtelecom" corporation, Department of Information Systems with «IT Soft +» LLC in the preparation of highly qualified professionals. In these enterprises set up branches of departments.
A board of trustees created at the faculty with aim of assisting in solving the pressing problems of the faculty, forming a center of excellence highly knowledgeable specialist which would be capable of solving problems of fundamental and engineering nature, expert and advisory activities, the introduction of new information and educational technologies, the competitiveness of the domestic and international market of educational, scientific and application services. Temirkhanov Khadzhimurat Zhumabekovich was elected the Chairman of the Board of Trustees, chief executive officer of "Kazakhtelecom" corporation.
The faculty practices carrying out lessons at the leading enterprises of the city, which are held in the form of study and practical training for the acquisition of knowledge used by modern technologies, skills and knowledge in a production environment. Carrying out such studies allow students to consolidate the theoretical knowledge and to determine the place of employment upon graduation.
Faculty did a lot of work to improve the quality of education. And as a result - Faculty steadily holds the top position in the ranking of the university.
Significant contribution to the image of the Faculty of Information Technology Deans made by its deans: between 1994-1999. - Ph.D., K.K.Dzhamanbalin, 1999-2001,. – PhD, B.A.Kalakov, 2001-2006. – PhD, A.T.Baymankulov, 2006-2008. – PhD , A.P.Koval, 2008-2011 gg. - Ph.D., N.T.Abatov, from 2011 to the present Dean of the Faculty of Information Technology - a Ph.D. A.A.Zhikeev.
Heads of Department (K.M.Zhunusov, S.A.Kudubayev, O. S. Salykova) skillfully direct the work of the faculties, creating the necessary conditions for scientific and professional growth of teachers, improving the quality of educational services.
Due to the high qualification of the teaching staff level of students is evaluated as a very high. Students of the Faculty annually participate in republican and international student competitions held in the cities of Kazakhstan, Russia, Poland, etc., tend to occupy I, II place, as evidenced by diplomas and certificates.
The department fully supported and encouraged the active participation of students in the social and sporting life of the university, city, region, occupation of amateur performances.
Successfully works chess section, Debate Club, trainings of activists of student's movement "ASK." Events faculty, such as "Dedication to freshmen", "KVN", "beauty contest" Miss FIT "always attract attention and have a great success.
Our graduates’ careers are a matter of pride. Over eighty percent of the students - graduates find employment immediately after graduation. Our graduates are in great demand not only in our country but also in the near and far abroad.