On February 21, 2014 the Department of Criminal Law and Procedure of the Faculty of Law at A.Baitursynov Kostanay State University together with the Social Fund "Center of Innovation Development of Legal Science and Practice" organized the Scientific and Practical Seminar "The criminal legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan: the current state and prospects of development".
The purpose of the scientific-practical seminar was thematic analysis of the main institutions of criminal legislation in the context of discussions of the Criminal Code of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The objective of the seminar is to give a scientific rationale to condition of changes of criminal legislation to overcome the inadequacies and imbalances of its legislative and law enforcement institutions.
Apart from the teachers, undergraduate and graduate students of A.Baitursynov Kostanay State University there have been representatives of
- Kostanay Academy of the MIA of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Kostanay Socio- technical University named after Academician Z. Aldamzhar;
- Kostanay branch of Chelyabinsk State University;
- Prosecutor’s office of Kostanay region;
- Members of the Regional Bar Association:
- Social Fund "Center of Innovation Development of Legal Science and Practice".
Many topical issues of reforming the existing criminal law were discussed at the seminar, including the following questions:
• The current state and prospects of criminal law development in the fight against corruption;
• Problems of legislative recognition of criminal responsibility for crimes committed in privity;
• Criminalization of crime concealment
• Defects of the Criminal Code project regulating the institution of compulsory medical measures;
• Protection of privacy question in the Criminal Code project;
• Criminal responsibility for human cloning;
• Problematic issues of children's rights in the Criminal Code project .
At the end of the seminar all the participants developed offers and recommendations about modification of the Criminal code project.
According to all accounts, participants decided that it must be made complex and interconnected correction of legislation that will provide the optimum balance of preventive and social reintegration means of criminal law, so it means that one more scientific seminar on reform of criminal procedure legislation and penal legislation of the republic will be carried.