The public reward of People's Assembly of Kazakhstan the Gold medal «Birlik» was awarded to the professor of history of Kazakhstan department of Akhmet Baitursynov Kostanay State University, author of 10 books Dmitriy Legkiy.
The public reward of People's Assembly the Gold medal of People's Unity of Kazakhstan was established under initiative of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan N.A.Nazarbayev. The founder of the «Birlik» medal is the People's Assembly of Kazakhstan.
Also it is the highest attribute of public recognition and promotion of Kazakh and foreign citizens, organizations and society for the merits in the fostering unity and stability, social and economic development of Kazakhstan.
The «Birlik» medal was handed to the citizens and organizations for the merits in:
1) strengthening of independence, stability and prosperity of the state as the pledge of economic, political and spiritual development of Kazakh society in all areas of social relations;
2) ensuring peace, consolidation of society and unity of people of Kazakhstan;
3) development of state language and national culture as the factor of unification of people of Kazakhstan;
4) economic, social, civil, scientific development of Kazakhstan, formation of social responsibility of business;
5) development of intercultural dialogue, civil peace and accord;
6) education of younger generation on the basis of idea of the statehood, Kazakh patriotism, continuity of generations and high moral and spiritual values;
7) maintaining and development of cultural diversity of Kazakhstan ethnicities as the important advantage and basis of intercultural dialogue;
8) strengthening the links between Kazakh diaspora, who are living abroad, with historical motherland of Kazakhstan ethnicities;
9) enhancing the cooperation among nation, rapprochement and mutual contributions of national cultures and friendly relations among states, strengthening of Kazakhstan authority in world community.
KSU press secretary: Alla Chechetkina