STUDIK – the project is focused on the development and strengthening of student's self-government and democratic participation in the Kazakhstan universities and includes four concrete objectives:
- Increase of knowledge about a condition of modern student's self-government in Kazakhstan and EU countries, creation of bridges for transfer of EU experience and formation of models for its implementation;
- Creation and improvement of the general understanding of need of students involvement in the processes of the high-ranking officials of the ministries and university, which made by students themselves at university;
- Formation of motivation mechanisms and strengthening of students potential to association in student’s councils and to increasing of their influence in the Kazakhstan higher education institutions and in society in general;
- Creation of an appropriate legal and institutional frameworks for student's self-government at the Kazakh universities
The main purpose of the project is development and strengthening of student's self-government at the Kazakhstan universities. The project expands knowledge about condition of the modern student's self-government in Kazakhstan and the European Union countries that is necessary point for bridging on transfers of EU experience and creation of the perfect model of student's self-government. The key role in the project is played by students. In this regard students will receive additional training on strengthening of motivation and opportunity to organize student councils and thereby will be capable to increase their influence at universities of Kazakhstan.
The project coordinator is TUD - Technical University of Dresden (Germany).
The national coordinator of activities is UIB – University of the international business (Almaty, Kazakhstan).
Also 14 Kazakhstan higher education institutions and public organizations enter in the partnership.
Partners in the European Union are:
- BOKU – University of natural resources and life sciences (Vienna, Austria);
- LZUU – Lithuanian university of agriculture (Kaunas, Lithuania);
- LZUU SR – students representation from the Lithuanian university of agriculture (Kaunas, Lithuania);
- ISMA – Information Systems Management Institute (Riga, Latvia);
- Isma-SSG – Student's self-government of Isma (Riga, Latvia).
Project duration is 2 years (October, 2012 - October, 2014), with a possible extension for one year till October, 2015.